REGISTERED SPEECH THERAPIST
Life Care Center of Columbia, South Carolina
Position type: Full-time
Shift: Weekdays, Weekends, Holidays, Day Shift, Evening Shift
The REGISTERED SPEECH THERAPIST provides direct rehab care in speech therapy to patients upon physician referral in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- Must be a graduate of an accredited program in speech therapy (minimum MS or MA SLP)
- Must be ASHA certified (CCCs) OR must be eligible for 9-month Clinical Fellowship Year (CFY) in order to earn ASHA certification (CCCs) and/or meeting ASHA credentialing criteria. Once achieved, must maintain ASHA credentialing.
- Must be currently registered/licensed in applicable State. Must maintain an active license in good standing throughout employment.
- One (1) year experience in post-acute care or related setting preferred
- Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
Specific Job Requirements
- Participates in community health matters/projects as appropriate
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and e-mail
- Liaisons with patients, families, support departments, etc., to adequately plan for patient needs
- Must demonstrate good body mechanics at all times
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post-acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: patient care,, documentation and therapy software responsibilities, patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care's Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Must be able to establish, assess, and modify realistic, measurable, timely, and functional goals
- (SLP-CCC only) Must be able to oversee and evaluate care given by SLP-CFYs
- (SLP-CFY only) Must be able to follow speech therapy treatment plans for patients under direction of the supervising SLP-CCC and in accordance with Federal and State guidelines
- Must be able to chart appropriately and timely
- Must be able to utilize therapy software appropriately and accurately
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
Benefits for Full-Time Associates
- medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability coverage
- paid vacation, sick days and holidays
An Equal Opportunity Employer
*CA APPLY NOW