LPN MDS Nurse
Alameda Oaks Nursing Center
Position type: Part-time
Shift: 30 hours; Weekdays, Day Shift
The LPN MDS Nurse is responsible to complete and submit accurate and timely MDS Assessments, CCAs, and Care Plans according to CMS RAI Manual Regulations and in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- Must have attended an accredited LPN program
- Must be currently licensed/registered in applicable State. Must maintain an active Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN) license in good standing throughout employment.
- Must have two (2) years' nursing experience. Geriatric nursing experience preferred.
- Must have CRN-C Certification (clinical compliance)
- Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
Specific Job Requirements
- Must have advanced knowledge in field of practice
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post-acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: general MDS responsibilities,, patient care, patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care's Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Must be able to complete and submit accurate and timely MDS Assessments, CCAs, and Care Plans according to CMS RAI Manual Regulations
- Must be able to report any changes in a patient's condition identified by the MDS Assessment to the DON
- Must be able to provide education to direct care associates regarding updates or changes to the CMS RAI Manual or Skilled Nursing Facility Regulations that impact documentation
- Must be able to assist with review of the Interdisciplinary Comprehensive Care Plan
- Must be able to review Final Validation Reports and ensure all assessments have been accepted into the CMS QIES system prior to billing and notify the Business Office when assessments are not ready to bill
- Must be able to review CMS Reports to identify assessments completed or submitted late and develop systems and processes to prevent reoccurrence
- Must be able to attend and participate in the Daily PPS Meeting, Monthly Triple Check, and other meetings upon request in the absence of the RN MDS Coordinator
- Must be able to perform functions of a staff nurse as required
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
We offer competitive pay in a team-oriented environment.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Corpus Christi, TX
*CA APPLY NOW