Nurse - RN or LPN (Relocation Assistance Available)
Life Care Center of Kona
Position type: Full-time
The Nurse - RN or LPN delivers quality nursing care to patients through interpersonal contact and provides care and services to allow patients to attain or maintain the highest practicable physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Opoortunity of a Lifetime: Two-Year Assignment in Hawaii
Are you a dynamic leader that is passionate about caring for and serving others? Do you strive to work for an established company that places a consistent focus on the resident as the highest priority? At Life Care Centers of America we offer 46 years of experience, stability, and success to our current and future residents. We are rooted in Judeo-Christian ethic and we have two foundational principles. 1. Patients and residents are our highest priority and deserve superior quality care and customer service and 2. Our associates are our most valuable resource in serving those entrusted to us.
Do you enjoy, sunshine, tropical gardens, and breathtakingly beautiful beaches? Kailua Kona is referred to both as “Kailua” or “Kona” by locals. The weather on this side of the Big Island is almost always dry and sunny and there are many white sand beaches perfect for sunbathing, snorkeling and swimming that are easy to reach from Kona.
If all of this sounds like your dream job and ideal home, Life Care Centers of America has a great opportunity for you to join our team for a 2 year assignment at our Kona, HI facility.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- Must possess a nursing diploma (associate's or bachelor's degree in nursing)
- Must be currently licensed/registered in applicable State. Must maintain an active Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license in good standing throughout employment.
- One (1) year geriatric nursing experience preferred
- Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
Specific Job Requirements
- Must have advanced knowledge in field of practice
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post-acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: direct nursing care,, nursing leadership, patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care's Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Must be able to knowledgeably and competently deliver quality nursing care to patients
- Must be able to evaluate patient needs through ongoing assessment and revise care plans based on changes in patient's condition
- Must be able to provide clinical supervision to CNAs
- Must be able to chart appropriately and timely
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
Benefits for Full-Time Associates
- medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability coverage
- paid vacation, sick days and holidays
An Equal Opportunity Employer
*CA APPLY NOW