DIET TECH REGISTERED
Life Care Center of West Bridgewater
Position type: Part-time
Shift: 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
The DIET TECH REGISTERED works in conjunction with the Dietitian to meet patients' needs in producing quality nutritional services outcomes and care in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- Must have successfully completed a Dietetic Technician Program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy
- Must have a current certification from the Commission on Dietetic Registration. Must maintain an active certification in good standing throughout employment.
- Prior healthcare experience preferred
Specific Job Requirements
- Must be proficient with computer software
- Must be familiar with standards of practice used in the assessment of geriatric patients
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post-acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: general food service responsibilities, patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care's Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Must complete thorough and timely nutrition documentation for each patient to identify problems, issues, or needs to be addressed through the interdisciplinary team and care plan process
- Must complete assigned parts of nutrition documentation per State requirements
- Must be able to participate in Interdisciplinary Patient Care meetings involving nutrition
- Must be able to assist Registered Dietitian in the collection of nutrition information
- Must be able to assist with other food service duties as required
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
We offer competitive pay in a team-oriented environment.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
West Bridgewater, MA