LPN Admissions Nurse (5-Star Facility)
Garden Terrace Healthcare Center of Federal Way
Rated one of the top Skilled Nursing Facilities in Washington!
Be a part of a strong nursing team!
Position type: Full-time
The LPN ADMISSIONS NURSE delivers quality care to patients during the admission and readmission process in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- Must have attended an accredited LPN program
- Must be currently licensed/registered in applicable State. Must maintain an active Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN) license in good standing throughout employment.
- One (1) year geriatric nursing experience preferred
- Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
Specific Job Requirements
- Must have expert knowledge in field of practice
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post-acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: general admissions responsibilities,, direct nursing care, patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care's Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Must be able to provide hands-on assessment care to patients during the admissions process
- Must be able to effectively communicate assessment findings with physician
- Must be able to knowledgeable and competently deliver quality nursing care to patients
- Must be able to evaluate patients' needs assessment and initiate care plans upon patient admission and readmission
- Must be able to accurately receive, document, and transcribe physician orders
- Must be able to communicate orders to others timely to ensure timely receipt of medications and order implementation
- Must be able to chart appropriately and timely
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
Benefits for Full-Time Associates
- medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability coverage
- paid vacation, sick days and holidays
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Federal Way, WA
*CA APPLY NOW