Director of Nursing
Life Care Center of Tucson
Position type: Full-time
The Director of Nursing leads the overall patient care operations for this very busy 5-Star facility which provides long-term care and post-acute rehabilitation services to 100+ patients. The Director ensures the highest degree of quality patient care in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- Must have a minimum of an ASN degree from accredited college or university
- Must be currently licensed/registered in Arizona and maintain an active Registered Nurse (RN) license in good standing throughout employment.
- A minimum of 2 years recent experience as a Director of Nursing is in a skill nursing facility is required.
- Nursing leadership: proven ability to plan and execute strategies that maintain high levels of quality, ensure financial stability and motivate and retain a quality workforce.
- Demonstrated history of staff management ranging from proper selection to development, evaluation and supervision.
- Utilize nursing management team ensure maximum patient to staff ratios.
- Assists in budget development and is responsible for budget adherence.
- Provides direct patient care as needed
- Maintains a culture of positivity with a focus on excellent customer service.
- Plays an integral role ensuring productive function of the interdisciplinary team
- Expert knowledge in field of practice, particulary in the areas of care innovation and technology advancements
Specific Job Requirements
- Liaisons with patients, families, support departments, etc. to adequately plan for patient needs
- Data collection, analysis and management.
- Daily compliance in the practices and procedures, laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post-acute care facility
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: nursing care,, supervisory responsibilities, patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Participates with others in community relations, needs assessments, census building and community healthcare events
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
Pay and Benefits
- A patient centered, mission-based culture and family atmosphere.
- Competitive salary
- Affordable medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability coverage
- 401(k) available
- Generous paid vacation, sick days and 8 standard holidays
An Equal Opportunity Employer
*CA APPLY NOW