Payroll Specialist/AP Clerk
Life Care Center of Vista
Position type: Full-time
The Payroll Specialist/AP Clerk is responsible for all phases of payroll processing for this busy skilled nursing facility. Additional responsibilities are: data entry of invoices and vendor payments. All activities will be done in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws, regulations, and Life Care standards
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent
- Proven experience in managing payroll processing, transmissions, benefits coordination and employee customer service
Specific Job Requirements
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and e-mail
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must have strong working knowledge of pay practices, wage & hour laws and regulations, state and federal labor laws, leave policies and benefits administration.
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post-acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: payroll,, business office support, employee relations, accounts payable and patient rights.
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care's Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Must be able to process facility payroll accurately and in a timely manner including but not limited to:
- New hire data entry, personnel record keeping, assisting in orientation and benefit open enrollment, bi-weekly payroll processing, leave management and leave accounting.
- Must be able to prepare and verify quarterly payroll reports timely
- Must be able to prepare and submit all vendor billing accurately and in a timely manner
- Must be able to accurately reconcile A/P and payroll statements
- Must exhibit excellent employee customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
Benefits for Full-Time Associates
- medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability coverage
- paid vacation, sick days and holidays
For more information on our location, visit us at http://lifecarecenterofvista.com/.
An Equal Opportunity Employer