SOCIAL SERVICES ASSISTANT
Hale Anuenue Restorative Care Center
Position type: Temporary/Full-time (37.5 hours)
Shift: Weekdays with occasional weekend and evening coverage
The SOCIAL SERVICES ASSISTANT provides assistance to the Social Services department to ensure all medically-related emotional and social needs of patients are met in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent
- Prior health-care experience preferred
Specific Job Requirements
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post-acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: general social services responsibilities, patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care's Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Must be able to assist with the social services program to meet the medically-related social and emotional needs of patients as well as Federal, State, corporate, and division guidelines
- Must be able to document appropriately and timely, according to State law
- Must be able to assist social worker(s) in supporting patients and families through education, financial planning assistance, liaison with community agencies, etc.
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
We offer competitive pay in a team-oriented environment.
An Equal Opportunity Employer