Life Care Center of Vista
Position type: Full-time
Shift: All shifts
The RN-MMQ NURSE oversees the Massachusetts Case Mix process and care plan process according to Massachusetts Medicaid Requirements in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- Must possess a nursing diploma (associate's or bachelor's degree in nursing)
- Must be currently licensed/registered in applicable State. Must maintain an active Registered Nurse (RN) license in good standing throughout employment.
- Must have two (2) years' case mix/MMQ experience in MA. Experience in a post-acute care setting preferred.
- Experience with RAI/MDS process required
- Must have CRN-C Certification (clinical compliance)
- Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
Specific Job Requirements
- Must stay current on nursing trends and developments
- Must be able to accurately relate information concerning patients' condition
- Must have expert knowledge in field of practice
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post-acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: general MMQ responsibilities, patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care's Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Must be able to utilize CMS, State, and Life Care resources to remain current on regulatory requirements, changes, and updates to Case Mix/MMQ process
- Must be able to be responsible for providing education and training to facility staff regarding any changes or updates to the MMQ process
- Must be able to review documentation for accuracy
- Must be able to be responsible to review Case Mix on a monthly basis with ED and Clinical Reimbursement Specialist (CRS)
- Must be able to perform functions of a staff nurse as required
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
Benefits for Full-Time Associates
- medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability coverage
- paid vacation, sick days and holidays
An Equal Opportunity Employer