Life Care Center of Casper
Position type: Part-time (20 hours)
Shift: day and evening shifts
The Activities Assistant assists the Director of Activities in planning, organizing, developing, and directing quality activities for patients, ensuring that the recreational, physical, intellectual, spiritual, and social needs of each patient is met in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Apply at our facility today!
4041 S. Poplar St.
Casper, WY 82601
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent
- Prior experience with geriatrics preferred
Specific Job Requirements
- Must have a valid driver's license in current State with satisfactory driving record per Life Care standards
- Demonstrated proficiency in arts/crafts/music is preferred
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post-acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: general activities duties, patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care's Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Must be able to assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, and evaluating quality activity programs (includes entertainment, exercise, relaxation, and education)
- Must be able to appropriately and descriptively chart patient progress and behavior
- Must be able to escort patients to and from activities
- Must be able to make regular in-room visits to patients uninterested or unable to participate in group activities
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
We offer competitive pay in a team-oriented environment.
An Equal Opportunity Employer