Life Care Centers of America Corporate
Position type: Full-time
The Nutrition Coordinator works in conjunction with the Food Service Director and Registered Dietitian to meet patients' needs in producing quality nutritional service outcomes and quality care in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition/Dietetics or related field of study with current registration by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (RD) OR
- Successful completion of a foodservice management program and exam with an active certification status (CDM/CFPP)
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in healthcare foodservice
Specific Job Requirements
- Proficient with computer software and ability to learn new computerized foodservice programs
- Skilled in motivating, coaching, and directing foodservice personnel
- The ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- The ability to work with foodservice associates and interdisciplinary team members throughout the organization
- Familiar with current standards of practice in the food service profession
- Knowledgeable of food service practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing food service functions in the long term/post-acute care industry
- The ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures related to the food and nutrition services department
- Possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, residents, family members, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Understands and follows company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care's Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Provides the organization with professional nutritional services in accordance with regulatory guidelines and Life Care standards.
- Effectively evaluates aspects of foodservice departments to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and corporate policies and procedures.
- Assists with the development of effective training programs for foodservice associates in accordance with all regulatory guidelines and company standards.
- Assists with the development, review, and implementation of regional menus.
- Willingness to assist facilities within the organization during emergency situations or crisis events.
- Assists with the development, review, and revision of food and nutrition services policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Demonstrates dependability and flexibility
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function productively with an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Must be able to lift and carry in excess of 35 lbs.
Benefits for Full-Time Associates
- medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability coverage
- paid vacation, sick days and holidays
An Equal Opportunity Employer
*CA APPLY NOW