Life Care Center of West Bridgewater
Position type: Part-time
Shift: 16 hours
The Registered Dietitian plans modified diets as requested by attending physician, provides oversight for the food services department, and provides nutritional assessments for patients as needed in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- Must have a bachelor's degree in dietetics or related program approved by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Must be currently registered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration and meet licensure or certification per State requirements. Must maintain an active license in good standing throughout employment.
- Must be registered with American Dietetic Association
- Must have prior experience in nutritional assessment and planning
- Must have two (2) years' experience in a health-care facility. Prior post-acute care experience preferred.
- PCC preferred, but will train
Specific Job Requirements
- Must be familiar with standards of practice used in the assessment of geriatric patients
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post-acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: general food service responsibilities,, planning, patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care's Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Must be able to consult with patient and family concerning nutrition needs and goals
- Must be able to check menu plans to ensure they meet nutritional needs of patients and to ensure quality food service standards
- Must be able to plan modified diets for patients as requested by attending physician
- Must be able to input dietary information accurately and in a timely manner (i.e., patient charting, dietary database)
- Must be able to participate in Interdisciplinary Patient Care meetings involving nutrition
- Must be able to assist with other food service duties as required
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
We offer competitive pay in a team-oriented environment.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
West Bridgewater, MA