Certified Dietary Manager / Registered Dietitian
Life Care Center of Kirkland
Position type: Full-time
The Certified Dietary Manager / Registered Dietitian plans, organizes, develops, and directs the overall operations of food services to ensure daily provision of quality nutritional services in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- Must have completed a CDM or State-approved course in food services.
- Must have a current certification as a Certified Dietary Manager in applicable State. Must maintain an active certification in good standing throughout employment.
- Must have one (1) year experience in post-acute care food service or two (2) years’ experience in a healthcare facility.
- Must have a minimum two (2) years' supervisory experience.
- Must have a bachelor's degree in dietetics or related program approved by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Must be currently registered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration and meet licensure or certification per State requirements. Must maintain an active license in good standing throughout employment.
- Must be registered with American Dietetic Association.
Specific Job Requirements
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post-acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: general food service responsibilities,, planning,, supervisory responsibilities, patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care's Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Must be able to test cooked food for taste, temperature, and smell
- Must be able to ensure menus are served as written and approved by Registered Dietitian
- Must be able to plan and direct food service staff to prepare and serve high quality food on time and at proper temperature for meals and snacks
- Must be able to ensure that the patient's physician-ordered diets are prepared and served accurately at meals and snacks
- Must be able to order food, supplies, and equipment for food preparation and service, reviewing all deliveries of food for quality, proper amounts, and pricing
- Must be able to recruit, select, train, counsel, and supervise food service staff
- Must be able to complete nutrition documentation timely and accurately
- Must be able to participate in interdisciplinary patient care meetings involving nutrition
- Must be able to assist the Registered Dietitian in the collection of nutrition information and any other pertinent information
- Must be able to effectively manage and operate within budget
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
Benefits for Full-Time Associates
- medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability coverage
- paid vacation, sick days and holidays
An Equal Opportunity Employer
*CA APPLY NOW