Medical Application Associate
Life Care Center of Menifee
Position type: Full-time
Shift: 40 hours
The Medical Application Associate assists the Business Office Director with medical applications, TAR authorizations, and medical pending following up in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- Must be high school graduate or equivalent. Associate's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- One year of experience in a skilled nursing facility required.
Specific Job Requirements
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the business office
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post-acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: general business office responsibilities,, cash receipts and billing, patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care's Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Must be able to assist with effective management and oversight of bookkeeping functions including: posting payments and charges to patient ledgers, balance daily receipts, collect delinquent accounts, and evaluate need for and refer delinquent accounts to
- Must be able to maintain facility checkbook and reconcile checkbook regularly
- Must be able to responsible for patient accounts
- Must be able to assume the duties of the BOM in his/her absence
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
Benefits for Full-Time Associates
- medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability coverage
- paid vacation, sick days and holidays
An Equal Opportunity Employer