Lynchburg Nursing Center
Position type: Full-time
Shift: 35 hours
The RN Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of the patient's care and services. Promotes quality care using a collaborative process that coordinates, monitors, and evaluates services according to the needs of patients. Works together with the patient and family, in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- Must possess an associate's or bachelor's degree in nursing from an accredited college or university
- Must be currently licensed/registered in applicable State. Must maintain an active Registered Nurse (RN) license in good standing throughout employment.
- Must have two (2) years' nursing experience. Geriatric nursing experience preferred.Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
- Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
Specific Job Requirements
- Must have expert knowledge in field of practice
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post-acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: nursing management,, supervisory responsibilities,, patient care, patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care's Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Must be able to provide, manage, and coordinate patient care and services through interpersonal contact, which allows patients to attain or maintain the highest practicable physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being
- Must be able to assist patients daily to evaluate quality of patient care rendered
- Must be able to direct licensed staff and CNAs in prioritizing patient care needs/reporting requirements
- Must be able to assess patients' needs and develop plans of care
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
We offer competitive pay in a team-oriented environment.
An Equal Opportunity Employer