Social Services Director
The Westchester House
Position type: Full-time
The Social Services Director plans, organizes, develops, and directs the overall operation of the Social Services department to ensure all medically-related emotional and social needs of patients are met in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- Must be currently registered/licensed in applicable State. Must maintain an active license in good standing throughout employment.
- Must have a bachelor's degree if working in a facility with 120 or more beds (see State law)
- Two (2) years' experience in health-care social work preferred
Specific Job Requirements
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post-acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: direct patient and/or family support,, general social services responsibilities,, supervisory responsibilities, patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care's Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Must be able to implement a social services program that meets the medically-related social and emotional needs of patients as well as State, Federal, corporate, and division guidelines
- Must be able to act as patient advocate and provide education to staff regarding patient rights
- Must be able to chart appropriately and timely
- Must be able to assist patient and family through education, financial planning assistance, liaison with community agencies, etc.
- Must be able to recruit, select, hire, train, evaluate, counsel, and supervise social services staff
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
Benefits for Full-Time Associates
- medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability coverage
- paid vacation, sick days and holidays
An Equal Opportunity Employer