CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant
Life Care Center of Melbourne
Position type: Full-time
Shift: 40 Hours - All Shifts
$2,000 Sign-on Bonus!
The CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant is responsible for providing routine daily nursing care to assigned patients in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be a graduate of a State-approved CNA program
- Must be currently registered/licensed in applicable State. Must maintain an active license in good standing throughout employment.
- One (1) year geriatric nursing experience preferred
- Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
Specific Job Requirements
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm as well as willingness to handle difficult patients
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post-acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: direct patient care, patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care's Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Must be able to lift, turn, move, position, and transport patients
- Must be able to assist patients with baths, showers, personal grooming, feeding, and toileting
- Must be able to accurately document and chart patient care
- Must be able to respond to call lights promptly
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
Benefits for Full-Time Associates
- medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability coverage
- paid vacation, sick days and holidays
An Equal Opportunity Employer
*CA APPLY NOW