Accounts Receivable/Medical Biller in a Skilled Nursing Facility
Life Care Center of Nashoba Valley
Position type: Full-time
Shift: 40 hours
The Accounts Receivable/Medical Biller aids in the overall administrative, billing, and accounting functions of the Business Office in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
• One (1) year in post-acute care or other geriatric-related field
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Medical billing experience
Specific Job Requirements
• Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing the business office functions in the post-acute care facility
• Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
• Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post-acute care facility
• Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
• Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: general business office responsibilities, supervisory responsibilities, patient rights, and safety and sanitation
• Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
• Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
• Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
• Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care's Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
• Must be able to prepare and submit all billing (i.e. Medicaid, HMO claims, Medicare A & B) accurately and in a timely manner.
• Must be able to effectively manage and oversee bookkeeping functions including: posting payments and charges to patient ledgers, entering and balancing census daily, balance daily receipts, collect delinquent accounts, and evaluate need for and refer delinquent accounts to collection agency
• Must be able to manage and oversee patient accounts, with timely follow-up of claims
• Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
• Must be able to process facility resident trust transactions daily and reconcile account weekly/monthly.
• Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
• Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
• Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
• Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
Benefits for Full-Time Associates
For more information on our location, visit us at http://lifecarecenterofnashobavalley.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Littleton, MAAPPLY NOW
Life Care Centers of America, Inc., ¬†provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, vet status, ¬†genetics or any other protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Life Care Centers of America, Inc., complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Life Care Centers of America, Inc., ¬†expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other protected status.
Every Life Care of America, Inc., associate is responsible to support this policy in word and deed through inspiration, professional actions and personal example and to provide a work environment conductive to fulfilling this policy.
We appreciate your interest in our company.
Our associates are our most valuable resource and, from first day of employment, they become an integral part of Life Care and its future.