DIET TECH REGISTERED
The Gardens Court
Position type: Part-time
Shift: Weekdays. 20 hours.
The DIET TECH REGISTERED plans, organizes, develops operations of food services to ensure daily provision of quality nutritional services in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- Must have successfully completed a Dietetic Technician Program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy
- Must have a current certification from the Commission on Dietetic Registration. Must maintain an active certification in good standing throughout employment.
- Experience in post-acute care to include nutrition assessment and planning preferred
Specific Job Requirements
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post-acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: general food service responsibilities,, planning,, supervisory responsibilities, patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care's Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Must be able to test cooked food for taste, temperature, and smell
- Must be able to ensure menus are served as written and approved by Registered Dietitian
- Must be able to plan and direct food service staff to prepare and serve high quality food on time and at proper temperature for meals and snacks
- Must be able to ensure the patient's physician ordered diets are prepared and served accurately at meals and snacks
- Must be able to order food, supplies, and equipment for food preparation and service, reviewing all deliveries of food for quality, proper amounts, and pricing
- Must be able to recruit, select, train, counsel, and supervise food service staff
- Must be able to complete the nutrition documentation timely and accurately per State and Life Care requirements
- Must be able to participate in the interdisciplinary patient care meetings involving nutrition
- Must be able to assist the Registered Dietitian in the collection of nutrition information and any other pertinent information (in States where allowed, DTR may complete nutrition assessments under the guidance of a Registered Dietitian)
- Must be able to effectively manage and operate within budget
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
We offer competitive pay in a team-oriented environment.
For more information on our location, visit us at http://thegardenscourt.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Palm Beach Gardens, FL